Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wee Bit Wednesdays




{one} what is one food that, as an adult you love, but as a child you said you’d never touch?
I was allergic to all seafood as a kid.  My parents couldn't even feed me fries if they had been fried in the same oil as any fish.  I finally grew out of it, but fish is an acquired taste.  I never, ever expected I would love tuna as much as I do now.. much less sashimi style!

{two} did you go to college? if yes, what was your major?
I did go to college - Ole Miss class of 2007 - I majored in Psychology with a minor in Sociology.  Know what that degree is worth now?  Surely not as much as the frame in which it sits in my office.

{three} what’s the most wild animal you’ve seen in real life (not counting the zoo)?
A carabou!  A carabou is the Guam version of a water buffalo.  I also randomly saw a bunch of wild hogs on Guam.  They were running around on base, and the thought of them running through my yard at night scared the crap out of me.

{four} have you ever been to a fortune teller?
Of sorts.  I've been to a Tarot card reader in New Orleans.  He told me a lot about myself that was all pretty true.  Like how I "should" be working toward a higher degree than a BA, but I wasn't, so why wasn't I?  And about how I tend to mother my friends, which is very true.  He also told me that I was going to marry a man that was older than me and whom I loved because he provided me with an amazing sense of security.  I wouldn't just love him for that reason, but it would play a big part in our relationship.  He also told me that the man would have slight health problems.  He actually said the words "it might be allergies, or ADD, but you will mother him, too."  Whoa.  So creepy.  Except he also told me that I wouldn't have children with my husband.  I would have a child before I ever met and married my husband.  Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.
 
{five} can you juggle?
Not even a little bit.

{six} hardwood floors or carpet?
Hardwood, any day of the week.  Carpet is more work, and have you ever cleaned under one?  Gross.

{seven} is it called “soda” or “pop”?
Soda, unless I'm at home in Mississippi.  Then it's just a Coke.  They're all just Cokes.

{eight} what was your first car?
A 1991 Honda Prelude.  My God, I loved that car.  She was bright red with a sunroof and a stock CD player.  Do you know how bad-ass a car had to have been to come with a stock CD player in 1991??  She had 140 on the dash, but I only ever got her up to 100.  Dad put 3 motors and 2 transmissions in her before we gave up on her.  The Little Red Rocket, may she rest in peace.

{nine} what is the most decadent dessert you've ever eaten?
This chocolate mousse that Jason and I ordered at the Daniel Packer Inne in Mystic, CT.  It was our first Valentine's Day together, and we both still talk about that chocolate mousse.

{ten} how often do you rearrange your furniture?
Rarely.  I'm not one of those people who needs a change every few months.  (Have you met my little brother?  Ask HIM this question..)  I re-arranged our living room once in the two years we were in Guam, and our bedroom once also.  I like things the way they are, mostly.

1 comment:

  1. I love DPI... When Matt and I move back to CT (whenever that may be) our first dinner out will be there. I love their roasted garlic. MMmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life