Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Two Tuesday


Top Two Things I Collect

1. Broken hearts.  Ha!  Kidding.  #1 is really coffee mugs.  I think I started this in high school on a Theater Club trip to NYC.  I have my NYC Super Man mug, and since it's my biggest mug I drink from it most mornings.  My other favorites are the huge sailor's mug Jason bought me at The Whaler's Inn in Mystic, CT.  It was where we stayed our first Valentine's Day together.  The Cutie Pi mug is one that Jason bought me on a random visit to MIT.  And the Cafe Du Monde mug I bought the morning after my Bachelorette party on my last trip to NOLA.  A little birdie told me that he picked up a little something for me in Australia that will be feeding my habit, so I have a feeling another coffee mug is headed my way!


#2 - Random stuff from around the world.  What can I say?  I married a Submarine Sailor.  You know what they say, "Join the Navy, see the world."  Well he has, and he's brought me little things from every country he's been in.  What you see here are some of those things.  The hairbrush and fan came from Singapore, the kimono is from South Korea, the bowls are from Japan, the sake set is from Thailand.  I also have a set of chopsticks somewhere, but I can't find them.  The same little birdie mentioned above is also bringing home a hand-painted boomerang from Australia, along with some other stuff.  Our house will be a huge hodge-podge of other cultures one day, and I can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. I collect coffee mugs too! The bigger the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this morning your momma is drinking her coffee out of her Big Apple NYC mug.The one you brought me home from said trip to NYC when you were in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from the milspouse round-up. I love your collection of things from all over. My Dad was on subs. It may not be out in the desert but I think that it's one of the toughest jobs in the military. Best wishes to you and your sailor!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life