Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Thursday, June 23, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #46

Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts
Oh boy, am I.  I was destructive back then, but only in the typical 21 year old kind of way.  I partied too much, hung out with the wrong people sometimes, and had a thing for unavailable men.  I also thought that being a stay-at-home mommy would be a terrible life.  Turns out, I love everything about it.


If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten
Well clearly I'd have to take Jason.  I think he would be a really good partner, though.  He thinks completely differently from the way I do, so we'd be a good team.  He's also very resourceful!


Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted by Just an Arizona Girl
Good.  I don't know what I'd do without the ability to keep up with my friends and family.  It's taken on an entire new meaning now that I live thousands of miles (and one big Pacific ocean) away.  
Sad truth:  When my blood pressure was at very dangerous levels right before I had KB, the nurses and doctor wanted me OFF my phone.  The bright changing colors could have triggered a stroke.  I didn't listen, because I NEEDED to be on Facebook.  The nurse caught me using my phone for Facebook right as she had to take my blood pressure again.  It had gone down.  She couldn't believe that Facebook was bringing my blood pressure down, but it was!


June is National Soul Food Month- what's your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced
Southern fried goodness.  So think of a typical Southern meal, and that's it.  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, home-grown (and canned) green beans/butter beans/black eyed peas/corn, biscuits, and then finished off with coconut pie.  Oh my gosh.  I still swear that I was only able to manage only gaining 12 lbs during the healthy part of my pregnancy because I was nowhere near my grandmother and her cooking.


If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted by Sugar in My Grits
I would love, love, love to live in Victorian America (1837 - 1901), but only if I get to be in a very wealthy family.  You know.. like in a romance novel.  I want servants, and I want to wear gorgeous dresses, and I want to be courted.  Also, I kind of need the Civil War to not happen.  Thanks.
-Random thing that just happened- When you Google "Victorian America" (I wanted to be sure I got the years right), the name Emily Jane White comes up.  Apparently, she's a singer who released an album entitled Victorian America.  Oh, and for those who don't know me personally, White is my maiden name.  Weird, huh?

0 comments:

Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life