Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
The family visit was a great success! We learned a few things on being hosts, and I shall now share. So here's what we learned:
- Our house can officially hold at least 3 extra adults comfortably. I think we could really hold 4, just so y'all know. Plan your vacations!
- When family visits, it is best to have more than one vehicle. The grandparents were happy to rent one, which was a huge help since our second vehicle is still being worked on. (I still need to write about that cluster-eff)
- You see, there are rarely more than 2 adults in our house, so we have enough furniture for 2 adults. We have a large couch and a large recliner. With 3 extra adults, we were in desperate need for more seating. We got two of these bad boys!
Though it looks more like a potato, it's really a bean bag chair.
They are actually really comfortable, and KB is all about having somebody on the floor at her level.
The other nice thing about them is that they match our furniture really closely - See??
Also, we had been considering buying a futon or something for the office, but since these huge bean bag chairs are so easily transported, we can just throw them in there instead. Yay!
4. While we're on the topic of living room seating, we needed more dining room seating. A little dinette set for 4 won't fit 5 plus a baby! Soooo, we finally got some bar stools!
5. Babies' little sleep routines do not handle visitors well. "What do you mean you want me to take a nap?! I've got a Mammaw, a Pappaw and an Uncle John out there to play with!!" It was ugly. KB ditched her sleep routine on the very first night, and literally did not get back on it until the day after everybody left.
Ok, I can't think of anything else that I specifically learned during the family visit. I had an amazing time, and I am so glad they got to come out. Our door really is open to any of our friends and family who want to visit! I mean that! Really!!
- ► 2012 (41)
- ▼ June (9)
Sub Wife Life (72) MilSpouse (47) Mommyhood (32) BF2 (26) Pregnancy (20) Family (19) KB (16) Random Ramblings (12) Travel (10) Parenting is WORK (9) My Love (8) Hawaii (7) Guam (6) Craftiness (5) Friends (5) Preemie (5) Tennessee (5) Memes (4) EmilyGotCrafty (3) Breastfeeding (2) Rants (2) Weight Loss (2) BBC (1) Ole Miss (1) Radom Ramblings (1)