Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Thursday, March 31, 2011

The house that came a close second. (Not really.)

I promised this one to you yesterday, and I will not fail you!  I'm going to tell you about the second house we looked at.  We knew from the pictures online that it was in a really rural part of Kaneohe.  We also knew that it was the "back house" on the property.  So the people who owned the house lived in the "front house".  The info online also told us that there were bananas, mangoes, guavas and some other fruit on the property.



So we figured we'd check it out.

We drove up to this.


Not that bad, right?  I mean, it's old, but most houses in Kaneohe are.  It looks a little bit like it might be a trailer, but it's not. 

This is the view from the front porch:


Gorgeous, eh?  Yeah, that's pretty much the view that every house in Kaneohe has.  It's amazing here.

Anyway, speaking of the front porch:


It was huge!  That was a big perk for us.  We really wanted somewhere to hang out and grill.  Know what else we could do on this front porch??

Take a shower.

You read correctly.  What you see there is a bamboo fence around an outdoor shower that's situated just at the end of the front porch.  There is lovely flora all about for you to view as you shower.  Outdoors.  The water runs both hot and cold, just in case you were curious.

We got that little bit of water information from the landlord.  This guy was amazing.  I've met some hippies in my day, but he took the cake.  He was so slow to answer our questions, but not in a way that diminishes his intellect.  No, he was slow in a way that said, "I smoke a lot of marijuana."  He and his wife built the outdoor shower, you see.  

They also did the painting in the kitchen.


That's the kitchen cupboard.  Not that I have a problem with Magenta, Teal and dark blue all used together, but how on earth does that match the Robin's Egg Blue that was the kitchen cabinets??  Sadly, I didn't get a picture of them.  

I did, however, get a picture of the hall bath.


I believe that shade is called Sea Foam.  It matched the Master bath.


Which matched the Master bedroom walls.

Oh wait.  No, it didn't.


So not only are the walls a nice shade of Magenta.. or, wait.. is that Fuschia?  Anyway, not only are the walls ridiculously bright, but the beautiful wood floor is framed with white paint!  And the closet is.....


You guessed it:  Orange.  As much as I adored this house so far, I was slightly put off by the fact that there weren't closet doors.  Or curtains.  Or Japanese walls.

For some odd reason, Jason and I were still interested in this house.  Maybe not so much interested as intrigued, but we were something.  The other two bedrooms were, I kid not, a shade that was a mix of Lime and Kelly green.  Grass green, maybe?  As much as it pained me to do so, I asked the landlord if we would be allowed to paint.  His response:  "WHY would you want to??"  This man was serious!  The look on his face was genuine!  "The last renters just loved it!"

Sadly enough, we had to pass.  Even though it had an outdoor shower.

1 comment:

  1. Em... I saw this place on CL and thought about calling them when we got to HI. Great post... I'm so anxious to be there already. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life