Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Past 24 Hours

I just need to whine, so this is where I do it. This is what the past 24 hours looked like for me. 


I should have known something was coming because KB was latched onto George (her lovey) all day yesterday. Usually George never leaves the bed unless he's going with KB to the sitter. Yesterday, however, George got out of bed with Katie, went to the Commissarry with Katie, and never left her side. 

While we were playing, I tickled KB and she laughed with her mouth open really wide. I noticed a few white spots on her gum beside the tooth that came in last week. I actually thought to myself "Uhoh, it won't be long before it starts again.."  Little did I know how soon it would be.

KB goes to bed at 8:00.  Last night she was up screaming.. not crying.. SCREAMING.. at the following times:

11:00 pm
12:00 am
2:00 am
5:00 am
7:00 am

With a final wake-up at 8:00.  Holy smokes. We haven't had a night like that in a long time.

I had to leave first thing this morning, so Jason was on KB duty. He told me later that she wouldn't eat, wouldn't nap, fussed a lot.. Yaaaaaay, teething.

Why did I have to leave, you ask?  For the dreaded 3 hour glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. 

Sigh. I took the first test, the one hour one, last week, and it came back "slightly elevated".
-Side rant: Why do they tell you "slightly elevated" as if there might be some hope that it was a little bit false? Just tell me it was high, dang it. The end result is the same.

So today I went for the 3 hour test. 
Poke 1 (baseline test, right arm) - no problem. 
Poke 2 (hour one, left arm) - no problem. 
Poke 3 (hour two, back to right arm) PROBLEM. 
  I guess the tech was afraid of going back into the sore spot on my arm, so she found a vein about an inch further down my arm. I have no idea what happened after that, but I nearly passed out. That's never happened to me before in my life! In the past 10-ish years of having blood drawn, I've never once had a single reaction. But I did this time! First of all, it HURT, which never bothers me. Secondly, my head went all sorts of blank and woozy, and I got nauseous. I sat for a few minutes and they brought me some water, and then I was ok. Since they could see straight into my car from the front room (and they knew I wasn't out there eating or something..) they let me go lie down for a bit. That helped tons.
Anyway, Poke 4 (hour three, back to left arm) - no problem there.

Then there was a whole afternoon of KB screaming and not eating.  Fun times!

Not to mention, Jason is on nights for the next few days, which means I have nighttime duty all on my own during the worst time possible, teething. Blaaaaaah.

1 comment:

  1. Teething might be one of those things that they say you forget about when you're ready to have another baby. I remember it was bad, but I forget how bad, until I read something like this!

    The 3 hour glucose test sucks. I completely bypassed the one hour this time because of "concern of weight gain" or lack thereof, and went straight to 3 hour. I can't give blood because my heart rate is too fast, and that's exactly what happens to me when I get blood drawn-nauseous, dizzy, super hot all of a sudden, etc. I almost threw up on the lady doing it once. So maybe that's what happened to you-heart rate got too high? I'm sorry, because I know exactly how that feels and it's not fun at all.

    Lots of hugs to you, and if it's any consolation, I'm up at least 4x a night nursing, so you can think of me being miserable too and maybe cheer up a bit ;)


Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life