Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things I love

I just ordered a pizza and I'm wearing one of my favorite t-shirts.  I sat down on the couch and grabbed my plastic tumbler full of cold water, and thought, "Man.. these are some of my favorite things ever!"  Move over, Julie Andrews, because here's my list.  For no reason other than I want to think about things that make me happy.

Pizza, but not just any pizza.  I love gourmet pizzas, but my favorite is this:  pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and pineapple.  Is that an odd combination?  I didn't know I liked pineapple on pizza until I spent a few months pregnant.  At that point I realized that I like fruit in pretty much any dish, with any topping.

T-shirts.  I love me some t-shirts.  I have two that I wear over and over and over because they're just so stinking soft.  One is light blue and says "Ain't Oxford Grand" with the North Face symbol on the back.

The other one is the very first Ole Miss t-shirt that I bought in Oxford.  It's the famous "OLE MISS We're not snobs... We're just better than you."  t-shirt.  There are so many reasons that I love this shirt.  Number one, it's the first one I ever bought.  I got it my Freshman year and I was so proud.  Two, I was once wearing it in the Atlanta airport when a guy chased me down just so that he could see the back of it.  He laughed so hard.  Turns out, he went to State.  Number 3 is a little bizarre.  Jason accidentally took it home with him the first time we were dating.  I had no idea what had happened to my favorite t-shirt.  After we started dating again, Jason failed to mention that he still had it.  I found it when I was unpacking his clothing boxes in Guam.  I was so excited!  Not only was my very favorite t-shirt returned to me, but Jason had kept it all along.. even when he hated my guts :)  And number 4, it got me chased down when we were in HI..  by an elderly gentleman, who, you guessed it.. went to State.  Turns out, it's a great conversation starter.

I love plastic tumblers.  I will choose a plastic cup over a glass any day of the week.  I mean, seriously.. Unless I'm entertaining, I just don't see the sense in using a big heavy glass.  I sort of think they're obnoxious.  Jason will go for them every time, and it annoys me to no end.  (Now that I think about it, that's a really stupid thing to be annoyed at..  Poor Jason, dealing with my little quirks.)  Maybe I associate glasses with extra dish-washing since Mammaw never let us put them in the dishwasher.  Blah.. Give me plastic!  Even better if it's one of the awesomely insulated tumblers that come with lids.. I love those things!

I also love beverages in plastic cups, oddly enough.  I hate cans.  I hate bottles.  I want my beverage in ice, in a plastic cup.  Preferably with a straw, unless the beverage is tea.  Tea should only be drank with a straw if one is drinking from a McAllister's or Newk's cup.  My GOD, I'm neurotic!  My favorite beverage is cold water.  It always has been.. Even as a kid I'd go for water before a soda, tea, juice, or (shivers) milk.  Milk is disgusting, FYI.

Make up.  I have a make up problem, and I always have.  I remember this little problem starting sometime in junior high.  It only compounded when Mom started working for Lancome, and it got so much worse when she ran a Chanel counter.  I have, literally, hundreds of eye shadow colors.  Hundreds.  Ok, maybe more like dozens, but probably close to 100.  The quirky thing here is that I rarely wear make up.  We have to be going on a date, or I have to be meeting a group for lunch to wear it.  I'm too lazy to worry with applying it and later washing it off.

I have listed for you some completely random things that make my day better.  I could go on with this list for hours.  I'm purposefully leaving out how much I love my amazing husband, my beautiful daughter, and our life together.  I think I write about them too much :)

1 comment:

  1. It's nice when favorite things are simple things. :)

    I too have much more makeup than I ever wear here.

    ReplyDelete