Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Friday, January 28, 2011

Such a blessing: A mommylog

A member of my WhatToExpect October 2010 message board lost her October baby to SIDS a few days ago.   She took the baby to daycare in the morning, then got the call in the afternoon.  The worker put the baby down for a nap, then went to check on her and she wasn't breathing.  Paramedics tried to revive her for an hour, and they thought they had her back, but they didn't.  This poor mother.  I don't know her personally, but my heart aches for her as much as if she were a friend of mine.

Obviously, SIDS is my biggest fear at this point.  God has given me this little angel to keep in my care for (what seems like) a few short years.  The thought of losing her is enough to send me reeling.  She has been such a blessing to our lives!  


 Everything has changed.  Sleeping in doesn't happen anymore, and that's ok.  We go to bed early to make up for it.  Honestly, I haven't seen anything later than 11:00 pm in over a month, since KB started going to bed earlier.  We haven't been on a date since September.  I don't mind.  Instead of going to dinner and a movie, we get KB ready for bed together.  Jason does bath time while I get her bottle ready.  Then once she's down, we eat dinner and watch a movie or tv together.  Our lives have changed, but so much for the better.  I wouldn't change a thing.

I get so discouraged by people who aren't happy to be parents, or by women who aren't proud to be pregnant.  I understand if there is some tragic story behind the pregnancy, such as a rape or even a teenager's bad decision.  But that is still no reason to not celebrate a baby!  Babies are the biggest blessing you will ever be given, so love them as such.  Be proud that God has chosen to give you the gift of parenthood.  So many women, and some of my closest friends, have trouble conceiving.  All they want is a baby to love, yet some who are given that opportunity take it for granted.  Those people break my heart.


It was exactly one year ago yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with my little Katie Beth.  It was one year ago today that Jason found out he was going to be a Daddy.  Our lives have totally flip-flopped over the past year, and I am so thankful.  

2 comments:

  1. You're so very lucky to have KB. I also feel lucky to have you as such a great friend and KB to have as my little "niece". I hope to be as lucky as you one day. Come on spermies.... do your magic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! I am beyond grateful to have you in my life, and I am so proud of the mother and wife you are! God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave you KB, and He always has a plan. I believe that now more than ever. I'm so glad to be able to watch little lady grow up, and to be her Aunt Lessa!

    ReplyDelete