Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Thursday, January 27, 2011

No really.. Less is more.

First of all, this isn't an Emily is trying to lose weight blog, though it certainly could be.  This also isn't a philosophical blog.  Yet.  This is a straight forward, matter of fact, truth blog.

Preparing for our move to Hawaii has brought a lot to my mind.  I was in the shower just now when I realized how much crap we have.  Our master bathroom could be used as a metaphor for our cluttered lives.  In the shower, there are 2 cans of shaving cream (both mine), 3 razors (2 mine, 1 Jason's), 4 loofahs (2 for each of us), 4 bottles of shower gel (2 each), 4 bottles of shampoo (3 are mine..) and 3 bottles of conditioner (all mine). Why, why, WHY do I have multiples of everything?  Why don't I throw anything away?  And even more curiously, why does Jason, a man, have multiple bottles of shower gel??

It doesn't end there.  Just stroll over to my vanity and you will find 2 tubes of deodorant, 2 bottles of eye makeup remover and 2 little tubs of moisturizer.  Just so you know, the 2 containers of makeup remover and moisturizer are exact duplicates.  And furthermore, all 4 have been opened.. I'm not just saving one for when the other one runs out.  Under my vanity is just as bad.  2 cans of mousse, 2 cans of hairspray.. (I NEVER do my hair.  I have this terrible habit of thinking that I'm going to look extra hot on a night out if I buy hair products.  Nope.  I look the same.)  There are 3 bottles of lotion on my vanity, and 3 under it.  And, to top it all off, there are 6 contact lens cases.

Alright, so what is wrong with me?  Do I see something in the store and think that I just absolutely can't live without it, even though I have the exact same thing at home?  Do I think that this product must be better than it's predecessor, even though they have the same ingredients?  I'm really annoyed with myself over this, and I didn't even get into the terrible make up habit.  Hello, 3 tubes of unopened mascara.

So now I'm obsessed with using things up so that I don't have to pack them.  I'm starting with the bottles of shampoo that have the least in them and using them first.  Different strategy with the body wash - I'm using the huge bottle in hopes of only having to pack the small bottle.  I'm randomly choosing scented lotions when I get out of the shower instead of my traditional Vaseline brand stuff.

Oh, and I'm going to stop buying crap.  Seriously.. This is a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the common theme of late. :) In the last few months I've taken at least half a dozen truck beds full of stuff to NMCRS, and have another waiting once I get the kayak out of my truck.

    I read a healthy living blog at www.katheatsrealfood.com , and right now she's doing a "Home Neat Home" series. As a result, this week I've simplified, organized and cleaned out the kitchen and master bedroom. Very freeing!

    ReplyDelete