Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Friday, November 2, 2012

MilSpouse (First) Friday Fill-In #76


It's been a while since I linked up with Wife of a Sailor, so I felt like this morning was a great opportunity. 

What's one thing this past month you would have changed?
Perhaps how I handled a situation.. maybe. I don't do well with something I perceive to be unfair, and I also don't handle it well when I think someone may be upset with me, particularly when I don't think it's for a good reason. I've let that bother me a lot during the past month, and I'm trying really hard to let it go.

What was your favorite thing that happened in October?
I learned to sew! So far, I've made a dress for KB, 3 submarine baby blankets, and a bunch of pacifier loveys. I have to say, I got that idea from my mother-in-law, who suggested one for Garrett. He throws his paci out of the bed, and I was sick of him waking up to find it. So, she suggested a little lovey to attach a ribbon and then snap the pacifier to. It worked like a charm, and Garrett finally attached to something other than me! Subby (because, obviously, it's in the shape of a submarine) goes with us everywhere, and G snuggles up with it at night. I feel like this is the most genius idea ever, and I'm shocked there aren't that many available out there. I think MIL is planning to make some shaped like footballs, which is a great idea. There aren't that many things that people [Daddies] really want their little boys to attach to, and footballs are socially acceptable (Wink, wink.. I don't subscribe to that idea at all.. I'm being ironic. Please nobody go off on me for subscribing to traditional gender roles.) Submarines are manly, too! 

So now that I've shamelessly plugged myself and MIL, check out our shops! MIL does mostly Boutique hairbows and accessories for little girls, and I'm doing baby blankets and loveys. 












What dish makes the Thanksgiving holiday for you?
My Mom's dressing. I don't have the recipe yet, but I am going to need it since Honey's office is supposed to bring dressings and stuffings to the command Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway, it's perfect. All celery-y, and egg-y, and just moist enough to eat alone, but perfectly tasty with gravy or cranberries. Absolutely. Perfect.

Will you be participating in MilSpouse Secret Santa?
No, I don't think so. I would like to, but I feel like I already have too much on my plate right now.

What are you looking forward to in December?
Having a vendor booth in my first craft show! My friend Erin is pretty talented with her sewing and embroidery machines, so we are going to have a booth to sell baby items. I do blankets and loveys, and she does bibs and burp cloths. If we get super ambitious, we're going to try and do some clothes, too. I can't wait!

0 comments: