Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Friday, September 2, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #56




My plans for this weekend include attending a party with friends but what I’d really like to do is 
- sit in the Grove with a ton of drunken idiots. Holy moly, I miss Mississippi right now. I miss Oxford. I miss Ole Miss. I miss the smell of pine straw and magnolias. I miss making fun of idiot girls running around hotter-than-Hades Mississippi in Ugg boots.. with Nike shorts and extra large fraternity t-shirts. I miss Rebel football more than anyone could understand, unless said anyone has also moved away and been unable to get back for a single game in 2 seasons. It's heartbreaking.


I consider the Labor Day holiday
- a reason to hang out with friends and eat a ton of food. But isn't that the point of most holidays, at least to some extent?



My favorite meal for cookouts is grilled everything, but my ??? wouldn’t agree. - Sorry, but I don't know anyone who doesn't agree here.


So far, my favorite part of summer has been spending time with my little family. This is the first summer that Jason and I have been together more than we've been apart. I've loved every minute!


When it comes to deployments, my philosophy is "time flies when you're having fun."  - You HAVE TO keep busy! This is a little easier when your husband is part of a sea command, I think, at least in the Bubble Head community. We are a small, close-knit little group, so we take care of each other. We plan shopping trips, dinners, lunches, drinks on someone's patio.. anything to keep our minds off the fact that we haven't gotten so much as an email in weeks.







1 comment:

  1. When my hubby was on a sub, that was the worst-- waiting weeks for an email and when you finally got one, you got a dozen! I love when I read other milspouses blogs and read phrases that civilian friends have never heard of. Huh? You've been together more than you've been apart? Isn't that what it's supposed to be like? :P

    ReplyDelete

Grab my button...

The Sub Wife Life