Follow me on...

Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Submarine Wife Pin Pictures, Images and Photos

Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

MilitarySpouseBlogs
Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ornaments

I wrote about the fun we had while decorating our house for Christmas. Like I knew it would be, having two precious tinies to help make the house pretty was an amazing amount of fun. Seeing eyes light up just like the lights has pretty much changed my life.

Well, it took a couple of days to get the tree finished. Jason and I worked on it that first night, stringing the lights and putting all the "important" and breakable ornaments as far up on the tree as we could. We left down the kids' personal ornaments and a few that are shatter-proof or not sentimental. A few days later, they got to place their own special ornaments on the tree.


Katie placing her ornament from last year, a dancing giraffe.


This time last year, Katie had just started walking. Somehow, even though my baby was only a year old, I knew that a dancing giraffe was going to fit her personality perfectly. Yes, yes it does. 


Katie's ornament from 2010, her first Christmas, is a fairy. This one is special because Daddy was deployed for Christmas, but made a small pit-stop in Japan, and this ornament came from there.


Then of course, there's this special one. I've declared that many years from now when the babies move away from the House of Frederick, they can take their ornaments with them.. except these two. These two will never, ever leave my tree.



There was much, much more ornament placing merriment. Katie would point and say "Mommy! This one! Put it on this one!" 


And we were really just proud that Geebs didn't try to eat any. He played with the soft ones!


So for the millionth time, I will say how much more enjoyable Christmas is with these two. I could never have imagined that I would enjoy Christmas now more than I did when I was a kid.














2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advancement of new technology has been taking place since the beginning of human history. The question: are the impacts positive or negative? seo consultant Uk


    ReplyDelete